Instructions for online events via Zoom
Most of the 2021 BookFest events will be hosted on Zoom.
Zoom is a free video conferencing tool that can be used to connect with multiple people for meetings, webinars, events or conferences. You can use Zoom as an application on your computer or as an app on a mobile device.
You do not need a Zoom account to attend a Zoom event. Simply click on the link that will be provided to you via email a few days before the event then enter the Meeting ID and Password when prompted.
If you have not used Zoom before you will be asked to download the Zoom client from your web browser. If using Zoom on your computer you will need to have audio capabilities to hear the event. It is also recommended you have video capabilities to see what is happening, but is not a requirement.
HOW TO JOIN A MEETING
- Go to Zoom using the link provided in the registration confirmation email you will receive a few days before the event if you have purchased/ordered a ticket.
- Download the zoom client if prompted (you will be asked to do this the first time you try to use Zoom)
- Click the “Join a Meeting” button.
- When prompted, enter the Meeting ID and a name for you (this will be the name that others see in the event).
- When prompted enter the Password
- BookFest will then admit you to the event.
- Remember that these Zoom events are public and you should behave as if you were at an event being held at the library.
- It’s really important to mute yourself when not speaking. Background noise, especially if there are other people in the home, is really distracting. Even simple things like cabinets and doors closing can get picked up. You will notice that at author events BookFest may switch off all cameras and microphones so the author can be seen and heard clearly. Rest assured there will be the chance for you to ask questions at the end of the event or you can use the ‘chat’ function to type questions.
- If you have any questions for the presenters, please ask by typing in the chat pane.
Please follow this link for full instructions on how to set up a free Zoom account and how to use Zoom either online or via the Zoom app.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide technical support for any issues beyond our control, which you may encounter as a result of weak signal or an intermittent connection at home.